The Board of Directors examines and adopts the Statute and other general measures, the Development Programme and annual work plans; examines the initiatives proposed by the Scientific Council; and adopts decision on the aforementioned measures; nominates and dismisses the Director; and carries out other tasks in accordance with the law.
The Board of Directors of the Institute consists of five members, of which:
- two members are nominated by the founder, whereas one of them is nominated by the Ministry responsible for research activities, and the other is nominated by the Ministry responsible for education;
- two members are nominated by the Scientific Council of the Institute and are chosen among the users of the Institute having a long-term interest in connecting the research activities of the Institute, or among the interested public. The appointed members chosen among the users of the Institute must not come from the same institution;
- one member is elected by the employees of the Institute and is chosen among themselves.
The mandate of the Board of Directors is of four years. The President of the Board of Directors is elected by the members of the Board of Directors and is proposed to the Minister responsible for science who then nominates him/her.
The Board of Directors consists of the following members:
- Aleš Ojsteršek, the President
- Petra Tramte, Member
- Dr Damjan Štefanc, Member
- Dr Veronika Tašner, Member
- Suzana Geržina, MA, Member